Litograffi. Lithography on polyester and drypoint on plexiglass
The aim of this 5-day workshop is designed for those who have an interest for the printmaking techniques with a special attention to the experimental one.
Every participant will make a booklet with images realized combining lithography on polyester and drypoint on plexiglass.
Lithography is the printmaking technique that has always had the greater affinity with book illustration.
Lithography on polyester is a new process that allows the use of the direct drawing on the plate and a photography transfer: you can draw with instruments like Biro pen and several variety markers and transfer black and white pictures.
Drypoint: the second step of the workshop is to use a perspex plate as a second matrix, engraved with drypoint who will be printed on the lithograph one. With the strong and captivating drypoint marks you will add en extra value to the composition.
Each participant is asked to bring a brief history and some ideas to design the booklet.
At the end you will print little edition.
- This workshop is suitable for beginners and those with some experience
- Language: English-Italian
- 5 – day workshop 26 al 30 July 2017
- Location: Castle of Montefiore
- Timetable: 10-13 / 14-18
- Cost: Euro 300 (concessions: students and under 26, euro 250)
- Materials and tools necessary for the workshops are included in the cost of the course and will be provided for each participant.
- Participants are advised to bring your own drawing set, and clothing suitable for work in comfort, dirty, etc.
- Usually at lunch time we eat together in the park nearby the castle. Everyone brings their own food; water and wine are always available for everyone.
- A certificate of attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
- There is a limit of 10 places per workshop
- 5 participants are needed for the course to operate
- If the course has insufficient participants to run, those already enrolled will receive a full refund of the amount they paid at registration.
- Participants who have registered but find they can no longer attend will be refunded half the registration fee providing they notify us at least 20 days before the course commences.
- Early registration is recommended in order to secure not only a place on the course but also accommodation in Montefiore Conca.