Wooden letters and screen printing posters
Each participant will design and realize a poster with the technique of screenprint and letterpress using the wooden letter collection of Opificio della Rosa.
The aim of this workshop is to give you an induction about the techniques and let you to be able to carrying on in autonomy the process.
During the workshop you will make your own screen (building the wooden frame and applying the mesh). You will draw your image on a transparent who will be photoengraved on your screen and printed as a first colour of your designed poster.
The next step will be the letterpress: you will use the the wooden letters to print the second colour.
Day 1 – Induction to screenprint: making the screen and print.
Day 2 – Induction to letterpress and print the posters.
- This workshop is suitable for beginners and those with some experience
- Language: English-Italian
- 2 – day workshop 20 al 21 May 2017
- Location: Castle of Montefiore
- Timetable: 10-13 / 14-18
- Cost: Euro 125 (concessions: students and under 26, euro 100)
- Materials and tools necessary for the workshops are included in the cost of the course and will be provided for each participant.
- Participants are advised to bring your own drawing set, and clothing suitable for work in comfort, dirty, etc.
- Usually at lunch time we eat together in the park nearby the castle. Everyone brings their own food; water and wine are always available for everyone.
- A certificate of attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
- There is a limit of 10 places per workshop
- 5 participants are needed for the course to operate
- If the course has insufficient participants to run, those already enrolled will receive a full refund of the amount they paid at registration.
- Participants who have registered but find they can no longer attend will be refunded half the registration fee providing they notify us at least 20 days before the course commences.
- Early registration is recommended in order to secure not only a place on the course but also accommodation in Montefiore Conca.