The Ideal City, Artist book workshop in Linocut and letterpress
Umberto Giovannini and Nick Morley have been working for years in the field of illustration and artist’s book and together collaborating on several projects including the Vacuum Editions collection.
On the occasion of the UNESCO Creative Cities Meeting held in Fabriano, they were invited to design this 5-day workshop that will bring you into the world of illustration and artist’s book by creating original linocut prints and printing with lead typefaces. The artist book project will be addressed starting from the topic “The ideal city”, the subject of UNESCO’s Meeting. Each participant will realise his artist book printed in a small edition.
You will design your book coordinated by Nick and Umberto then Umberto will follow typography, edition and binding and Nick will work with you making the illustration in linocut.
- N.B. This workshop will be held in Fabriano, Province of Ancona, Italy
- This workshop is suitable for beginners and those with some experience
- Language: English-Italian
- 5 day workshop 12-16 June 2019
- Timetable: 10-13 /14-17
- Location: Club House Cartiere Miliani di Fabriano
(Viale Pietro Miliani, 33, 60044 Fabriano AN, Italy GPS 43.331172, 12.899065)
- Cost: Euro 275 (concessions: students and under 26, euro 220)
- Materials and tools necessary for the workshops are included in the cost of the course and will be provided for each participant.
- Participants are advised to bring your own drawing set, and clothing suitable for work in comfort, dirty, etc.
- Usually at lunch time we eat together. Everyone brings their own food.
- A certificate of attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
- There is a limit of 15 places per workshop
- 8 participants are needed for the course to operate
- If the course has insufficient participants to run, those already enrolled will receive a full refund of the amount they paid at registration.
- Participants who have registered but find they can no longer attend will be refunded half the registration fee providing they notify us at least 20 days before the course commences.
- Early registration is recommended in order to secure not only a place on the course but also accommodation in Fabriano.