Burin on copper symposium 2018
This course, only for those who have practice in copper engraving techniques, is a unique chance to draw on the wealth of artistic experience that Maestro Jürgen Czaschka, who died on 9 February 2018, has fine-tuned in more than thirty years of studying and experimenting with burin technique, of which he possesses unparalleled knowledge, from the classic to contemporary developments. The students will participate at the Symposium who have worked with Jürgen for years that will transmit the teaching and secrets of the copper burin. A preliminary phase deals with preparation of the plate and methods of sharpening the tools. The central part of the course involves experimentation with different techniques of burin engraving on copper: morphology of the sign; the relationship between heavy and light signs; the rhythmicity of the hatching and the intersecting undulations of 16th century anatomy engravings; the synthetic linear sign. The course concludes with the final phase of inking, cleaning and printing the matrix.
The symposium is designed as a moment of work and artistic exchange, to keep alive an art as complex as wonderfully fascinating. We will work and live together for a week at the Castello di Montefiore Conca.
- This workshop is suitable for those who has a printmaking experience: the places available are only 10 and will be made a selection of participants.
- Language: Italian-English
- 6-day workshop from 20-26 August 2018
- At the Montefiore Castle
- Hours: 10-13 / 14-17
- Cost and rules: please ask information email@example.com
- Materials and tools necessary for the workshops are included in the cost of the course and will be provided for each participant.
- participants should bring their own drawing equipment and suitable clothing to work comfortably.
- Usually at lunch time we eat together in the park nearby the castle. Everyone brings their own food.
- A certificate of attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
- There is a limit of 10 places per workshop