Lymphatic pathways 2. Vegetable stories through intaglio technique
Lymphatic Pathways is the nontoxic intaglio workshop led by Veronica Azzinari during which you will have the chance to get in touch with the oneiric and original world related to plants, paying particular attention to the prehistoric native specimens or very ancient on the Romagnolo-Marche territory.
During the workshop you will make an excursion, during which you will observe the plants, getting lost in the mysterious alphabets drawn on their surface, tracing its history and studying the anatomy and behavior, looking for an interpretation, an intimate journey closely related to the illustration you will make, based on the technique of chalcography.
The aim of the workshop is the realization of a concertina book realized in intaglio.
Guided tour of three hours searching and collecting plants that will be used during the workshop.
(N.B. comfortable clothing is required)
Group reading and reflections on plants.
The vegetable personal choice on which you want to deepen your research: reflections together with the tutor, making the sketches.
paper cutting will be used for the book covers.
Plant color bath preparation will be used for dyeing the paper for the cover.
Dyeing and dry the paper.
Preparation of the aluminum plates (2 each plates), polishing, sanding, degreasing, preparation with protective nontoxic.
Preparation of the non-toxic bite for etching the aluminum plates.
Realization of the first plate in soft-ground (vegetable Impression) and biting.
Offset of the soft-ground on the second plate and realization of the design on it (engraving and etching)
Colour and print proofs of both plates
Two plates registration print of the final outcome.
Letterpress: title on the cover.
Binding your concertina book.
- This workshop is suitable for beginners and those with some experience
- Language: English-Italian
- 3 1/2 day workshop 29 June- 2 July 2017
- Location: Castle of Montefiore
- Timetable: 10-13 / 14-17
- Cost: Euro 220 (concessions: students and under 26, euro 180)
- Materials and tools necessary for the workshops are included in the cost of the course and will be provided for each participant.
- participants should bring their own drawing equipment and suitable clothing to work comfortably.
- Usually at lunch time we eat together in the park nearby the castle. Everyone brings their own food; water and wine are always available for everyone.
- A certificate of attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
- There is a limit of 10 places per workshop
- 5 participants are needed for the course to operate
- If the course has insufficient participants to run, those already enrolled will receive a full refund of the amount they paid at registration.
- Participants who have registered but find they can no longer attend will be refunded half the registration fee providing they notify us at least 20 days before the course commences.
- Early registration is recommended in order to secure not only a place on the course but also accommodation in Montefiore Conca.